The Mini-Beadbeater-24 disrupts up to 24 microbial or tissue samples with better than 95 percent efficiency. Cells are disrupted quickly and safely in the sealed system. The apparatus is easy to clean, has a small footprint and is essentially maintenance free. Compared to the Minibeadbeater-16, the Mini-24 adds advanced electronics for enhanced motor function, variable speeds of 2400-3800 rpm and a 30% increase in microvial capacity.
The Mini-BeadBeater-24 disrupts microbial cells and plant and animal tissue by violently agitating four to twenty-four 2 ml screw-cap microvials containing small glass, ceramic, or steel beads and 0.1 to 1 ml disruption buffer. The performance of the Mini-BeadBeater equals or exceeds that of any other type or brand of cell disrupter. Even resistant samples like yeast, spores, or fibrous tissue are completely homogenized in 1-3 minutes. The non-foaming, aerosol-free method preserves enzymes and organelles. In the presence of nucleic acid extraction media such as phenol, Gu-SCN, or a commercial kit solution, DNA or RNA is recovered in the highest possible yield. The method is ideal for PAGE, PCR applications, and diagnostics using antibody or oligonucleotide probes. Because the beads and vials are disposable, there is no cross-contamination between samples – essential for PCR techniques.
Protocols developed using a different model of the Mini-BeadBeater are transferable with minimal modification.
The Mini-Beadbeater-24 can also be used for dry grinding. Here, steel beads are added to hard samples such as hair, bone, teeth, seeds, and minerals and are powdered in 10-60 seconds of operation. Resistant materials such as tendons, cartilage, rubber or some plastics can be powdered by pre-freezing the sample to liquid nitrogen temperatures (cryo-grinding), then grinding in the hard frozen state. Dry-grinding requires using special microvials resistant to breakage. BioSpec product’s “XX-Tuff” Microvials are recommended when dry grinding with ceramic or steel beads at room temperature. Our Stainless Steel microvials are available for dry grinding with steel beads at cryo-temperatures.
- Power: 230 volts, 50 Hz, 3.7 amps
- Width: 10 in. Depth: 18 in. Height: 12 in. Weight 47 pounds
- Shaking pattern: Uses proven, more efficient near horizontal vial orientation
- Capacity: four to twenty four screw-cap microvials (0.5, 1.5, and 2.0 ml) each containing to 400 mg (wet weight) bio-sample
- Shaking speed: Digitally variable from 2400-3800 strokes/min. The calculated M/sec “performance” value is greater than all competitive beadbeater-type cell disrupters on the market.
- Throw or stroke displacement: 7/8 inches
- Controller: Digital 0-5 minute with auto reset and 3 programmable presets
- Magnetic lid interlock cuts power to the Mini-BeadBeater-24 if the lid is opened at any time.
- Removable vial-holding cassette
- No imposed motor cool-down-time between each sample run
- The Mini-BeadBeater-24 uses standard screw-cap plastic microvials. Stainless steel microvials or special reinforced polypropylene microvials ( XXTuff vials ) are available for dry- or cryo-milling with steel beads. Eight larger capacity, 7 ml vials can be processed using an accessory vial-holding ring
Cat. No. 112011EUR, Mini-Beadbeater-24, 230 volt
Do you want an in-person demo of this product?
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have technical questions or need price estimates for any of our products and services. We are just a phone call away!